|Main Menu:||2 Peter 1:1-2||2 Peter 1:3-4||2 Peter 1:5-11||2 Cor 1:3-4||2 Peter 1:16-21||2 Peter 2:1-3||1 Corinthians 15:20-28|
Warnings Regarding False Teachers. 2 Peter 2:1-3
2 Peter 2:1-3, But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.
False teachers among us.
1) Q> What are the identifying marks of a False Teachers?
a. We find them in the church. But their purpose is to destroy the Body. V-1
i. R > Matt 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
b. They claim to be Christian but are not, they want to hang out with Christians.
i. Q > Why.
1. A > It gives then legitimacy,
2. A > Provides them someone to mislead.
c. They like to work secretly, look legit, and portray one who is gifted spiritually.
i. Outwardly they look like one of the sheep, but they are actually wolves looking for someone to consume.
ii. They pretend to be part of the church but secretly work the fringes, to divide it.
d. They are great persuasive teachers, but they deny the truth in the Bible by adding to it, or distorting it.
i. R > Col 2:4 Now this I say lest anyone should deceive you with persuasive words.
e. They are actually a part of the demonic realm.
i. R > 1 Tim 4:1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
2) Q> How can we identify False Teachers?
a. A > They introduce destructive heresies onto the Body.
i. Heresies means to choose, (To get you to choose an idea that is intended to separate or divide)
ii. The Goal of a Heretic is to try and get you to leave the true teaching of Gods word and adopt there false teaching.
iii. Destructive means to destroy fully.
iv. They introduce false doctrines that stand against the essentials for true Christian Faith.
1. Exsample > deny the deity of Christ.
2. Exsample > deny that Jesus is God.
3. Exsample > deny Jesusí virgin Birth.
4. Exsample > deny Jesusí resurrection.
5. Exsample > deny Jesusí miracles.
6. Exsample > misrepresent Jesusí Teachings.
7. Exsample > teach that Jesus is not the only way of Salvation.
8. Exsample > teach All religions lead to Heaven.
9. Exsample > teach that there is no need for salvation.
10. Exsample > teach that we can get to heaven based on our good works.
3) Q> How can we make sure we are not being deceived by a false Teachers?
a. R > John 8:32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
b. R > Luke 21:8 And He said: "Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and, 'The time has drawn near.' Therefore do not go after them.
4) Q> What is the future for false teachers and their followers?
a. R > 2 Peter 2:3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.
5) Q> What is the Answer?
Jesus is the Only Way, The Only Truth, The Only Life. Accept and Follow Him as Lord and Savior today for true Salvation.
COPYRIGHT TRUTHCOUNTS 1999-2012 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED